Keeping Students Safe When Testing And Certifying Scores For 12-Months
Getting Ready To Test!
We are committed to keeping your students involved with their dream of visiting the US. We’re also committed to keeping students safe when testing and certifying scores for 12-months. That keeps your staff safe too. Online and on-demand with enhanced Fotosure® software that snaps a picture every minute. And our promise to certify your student’s scores for 12 full months.
There is no reason to put anyone at risk to give an English proficiency test anymore.
Please ask your students to follow these helpful hints to help keep your student’s dreams alive:
- Have an activated webcam positioned to see their entire face. Students will be on camera throughout the test.
- Our Fotosure® security software takes photos every minute of the test and every photo is reviewed by the iTEP graders. The graders are ESL professionals who have been specially trained to grade iTEP tests.
- There is ZERO TOLERANCE for cheating. Any instances of cheating will result in test scores being invalidated and the Sponsor will be notified. Students will be barrred from testing with iTEP for a period of 2 years.
- We encourage students to take a FREE practice. This will help students get used to the iTEP test and make sure there are no technical issues.
- iTEP Virtual proctoring works on any PC/MAC with the correct Internet speeds. See technical instructions below. IMPORANT: For Apple/MAC computers you CAN NOT use the default Safari browser. You may use Edge, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. If you try to use Safari the test will not work correctly.
- Broadband Internet connection:
- Download speed – 750 kbps minimum
- Upload speed – 250 kbps minimum
- If you don’t have access to the speeds, just make sure it’s considered “high speed.”
- Desktop or Laptop only.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer or Mac OS X.
- CPU: 700 MHz Pentium II-class processor or newer. (Computers that are 10 years old or newer have this processor or a faster one.)
- Memory: 512 MB.
- Video – Monitor and standard VGA card, capable of 800 x 600 resolution or greater, and able to display a minimum of 256 colors (16 bit color or better is recommended). If your computer is 10 years old or newer, you probably meet this requirement.
- Sound Card – 16-bit sound card.
- Headset and microphone, keyboard, mouse.
Microsoft Internet Explorer browser (version 9 or higher) (PC ONLY)
Google Chrome browser (latest version) (PC or Mac)
Mozilla Firefox browser (latest version) (PC or Mac)
Please note: Safari is not allowed
Set Up And Preparation
During the Technical Checklist: If the audio check says MP3, you do not need to install Flash. If it says Flash, please make sure you have the latest version.
Turn up the volume on your computer system and plug in your headphones.
NOW IT’S TIME TO LOGIN AND REGISTER FOR THE EXAM
Access your iTEP test by navigating to the testing link in your email. Remember, the improvements we have made is keeping students safe when testings and certifying scores for 12-months. That means you don’t have to test again for a full year.
Click on “CLICK TO BEGIN” and go through the Technical Checklist. If the Technical Checklist indicates any missing components, please install those components (RED text indicates software is missing, GREEN indicates software is installed correctly) by following the directions indicated in the pop up window that will appear.
Your test has a speaking section, click the “YES” button when asked if there is a speaking section.
Your test MUST use your camera! Click the “YES” button and make sure your camera works and your face is fully visible.
If all of the sections: Web Browser, Internet Connection Speed, Audio Player, Voice Recorder, and camera are all followed by GREEN text, please click the “Next” button and continue to the next step.
You will now come upon the registration screen. Please enter your information. Click the “Next” button to proceed.
A few screens will let you adjust your volume and tell you about the test.
From the “Prepare to Start” screen, click the “Next” button to start the test.
Do You Have Any Questions?
We’re here to help your students with their iTEP test no matter the circumstance. All of our tests can be take at home. We are keeping students safe when testing and certifying scores for 12-months. Don’t hesitate to reach out by clicking the button below.