Results You Can Trust!
Our test security measures make sure that students do not gain any unfair advantages from falsifying information or cheating during the test’s administration. There are several test security measures present to ensure the reliability of iTEP score results; these begin at registration. Both Academic and Slate tests utilize these security procedures.
- iTEP utilizes a rotating item bank that generates test questions randomly. No two tests will be the same.
- For the Academic and Slate tests, all test-takers must provide proctors with a government-issued ID upon entering the testing site. A second identity confirmation check occurs during the test registration process online.
- iTEP Kiosk-Mode Software (installed directly into the testing computer) ensures students have no access to the computer’s desktop or browsers for the duration of the exam.
- Reference materials, food, drink, and other personal effects are not permitted in the testing area.
- FotoSure™, a proprietary software offered exclusively by iTEP International, monitors test-takers during the testing process by accessing the computer’s camera and routinely photographing the scene. Anywhere from 10 to 50 random photos are taken during the exam.
- Live proctors will be present during the entire test duration for the Academic and Slate tests and will actively monitor all test-takers to ensure there are no test security violations. Proctors reserve the right to dismiss anyone from the testing site if they believe there has been a violation of security conditions.
- iTEP utilizes an online proctoring service, Examity, for extra security when needed.
- Aside from evaluating iTEP’s speaking and writing sections, our graders help in post-test security monitoring by conducting plagiarism scans, checking testing history, and analyzing speaking samples.
- Partner institutions play a part in this stage to ensure they only accept scores forwarded directly from iTEP or, alternatively, making use of the online score verification portal enhancing test security.